Strong Boards Fireside Chat
Time & Location
About the Event
Your board members are an extension of your organization, and just like you and your team, they are best equipped to support and propel your mission forward when they are strategically aligned.
Recruiting board members for many nonprofits is an exercise lacking not only in vision but in common sense. Many nonprofits are operating from an outdated model when it comes to board recruitment and this results in some all too familiar problems that repeat not only in the sector overall but in the same organizations over and over again. Sound familiar?
Join the Business Influencers Group of The Nonprofit Council to this Fireside Chat with:
Moderator: Arlene Siller Ph.D., Founder and CEO of Ascend Nonprofit and Business Solutions
To illustrate how boards and ED/CEO can lay a good foundation for recruitment, we will chat with a CEO and Board Chairs who have “highly functioning” boards about the steps they take to recruit best fit board members.
· Kim Jefferies, CEO, Brighton Center
· John Seybold, Clarity Guidance Center. John served as Governing Board Chair from 2018 – 2020 and now serves as Immediate Past Chair.
· Joanna Weidman, Clarity Guidance Center. Joanna was named Governing Board Chair of Clarity Child Guidance Center in July 2020.
During this discussion, we will cover:
· How to assess your current board
· How to identify and evaluate candidates
- Strong Boards Fireside Chat$20$200$0